The following article explains how to integrate Cisco WiFi Networks with Basking.io using location data provided by Cisco DNA Spaces. This integration allows you to use your existing WiFi network with Basking.io to provide occupancy analytics for your offices.
The following diagram explains the general architecture of the integration between Cisco and Basking:
You can also download the Basking.io DNA Spaces Architecture overview as a pdf file.
Requirements for the integration
a) Hardware and software requirements
- Cisco wireless network
- Cisco WLC with software 8.3 or later
- Cisco DNA Spaces Connector
- Cisco Prime Infrastructure or Cisco DNA Center (for the hierarchy)
- Extend Licences for DNA Spaces
See more details on the prerequisites for Cisco DNA Spaces.
b) Organizational requirements
- An account on DNA Spaces (US or EU)
- Admin access to WLC
- Necessary corporate firewall rules
- Admin access to Cisco Prime Infrastructure or DNA Center
- Floorplans with measures and position of APs
Steps for integrating Cisco DNA Spaces with Basking.io
1) Setup DNA Spaces
In order to setup DNA Spaces, you need to setup the DNA Spaces Connector. Technical documentation can be found here.
The general configuration guide for DNA Spaces can be found here.
2) Upload the Floorplans/ Map hierarchy into DNA Spaces
There are 2 options to upload the floor plans into DNA Spaces. This step is required, and it enables DNA Spaces to perform the triangulation of WiFi data for the location analytics used by Basking.
Using Cisco Prime
- Configure the Maps in Cisco Prime
- Export the maps
- Import the maps into DNA Spaces.
Using DNA Center
- Configure the maps in DNA Center
- Connect DNA Center to export the maps to DNA Spaces
3) Activate Basking.io from the DNA Spaces partner ecosystem
Basking can be found in the Partners marketplace. It has to be activated for the account, and then the elements on the hierarchy must be selected. After this, DNA Spaces will send the data to Basking.
Please note that Basking can’t access any data in the past, only from the activation date onwards.
Additional Cisco DNA Spaces technical documentation
The complete technical documentation from Cisco DNA Spaces can be found here.
You can login into DNA Spaces from here: dnaspaces.io, dnaspaces.eu
Please don’t hesitate to contact us via the at the lower right corner or via our contact page.